Sunday, April 01, 2007

good things come in 3s!

i refuse to let other more joyous happenings be in the same post as the bad one. argh. (read the previous post to know what i am talking abt... )

anyway, as busy as i was, i went for my interview at the zoo on monday. i know most pple think it's crazy to wanna do an internship at the zoo.. i think because everyone wants a bank job nowadays, it's a little overwhelming.. i dun understand those pple, to me, banks are boring. and i dun think i will survive that. having said that, that's where the money is too. and if one day i am really in need of money, u might find me there! haha.. right.

anyway, on wed, i finally heard from them! I GOT THE JOB!!! :):):)

here's what the email said:

Hi Reina, I am pleased to inform you that you have been offered the internship with Zoo. Kindly log on to OnTRAC asap to 'accept' the offer, and drop me an email once you have done so. You would also be required to submit the completed Indemnity Form to me prior to your internship commencement. At the same time, please find attach the Internship Performance Appraisal form. Towards the end of your internship, please pass the form to your supervisor and request for him to complete the appraisal for you. The completed form can be emailed/mailed/faxed back to me (see my contact details below). Lastly, below is a note from Zoo. Pls take note: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please be informed that all trainees attached to the Singapore Zoological Gardens are required to be vaccinated against influenza as a form of protection. This is part of the precautionary measures against the threat of bird flu. The vaccination can usually last for a year. For trainees who have not taken flu jab within the past 12 months, they are advised to visit any clinics to get the vaccination at their own cost. Usually the cost range from $20 to $30+. The trainees will need to provide document proof to us within the first week of work. If they would like to go through our company doctor to get the flu jab, the rate is at $20. Please let me know in advance so that we can arrange for that.
when i saw i have to take a jab, i nearly fainted! haha.. but i'm really really excited to get this job so hopefully, i can overcome my fear this time.. yikes. (char, i can already hear u laughing at me.. )

anyway, yes yes yes! pls come find me at the zoo from 23/04/2007 to 03/08/07! and we can eat ben n jerry's! heee..

on other good news:

it was another email..
Hi Reina, Congratulations! Your initial application to Norwegian School of Management - BI is successful! Please let me know by 10 Apr (Tue), whether you'll like to accept this placement, so we can nominate you to our partner. Once they've accepted you as our nominee, more information regarding application procedures will be provided. Let's work closely together to make this exchange happen for you! Cheers! Ying

YAY YAY!! it's my first choice and lionel's going too! how exciting.. i can't wait! although i seriously hope i dun play so much that i dun even pass. haha.. and that means that i really have to save saving! norway is crazy expensive i heard.. BK meals are S$25!! sigh.. friends who are reading this, it's time to start treating me and showing me ur love for me by donating to my norway fund! haha! :p


ok.. so lastly, martine is here!


martine is the cat my sister had when she was in aussie. and she finally brought it back.. it's a really pretty cat. although i'm still pretty worried it will attack the rabbits.. sigh.
see pheebe hiding under my leg.. haha.. martine doesn't really bother about the rabbits and in fact, i think it's scared of derby and derby's sudden movements. haha..

No comments: