Sunday, May 13, 2007

Zoo internship - week 2

hmm.. second week's come and gone.. not too bad. the more interesting days i had last week was tues, thurs and sat. interesting becuz there was filming at the zoo and i can to bring them ard and watch them do their stuff.

On tues and thurs, this filming crew from Dua M Pte Ltd came. They were doing a show which is airing on kids central every Saturday at 1pm. It’s called ‘no problem bureau’.

At first when I saw them it was a little weird cuz it’s my first time bringing a filming crew ard so being the nervous sort, I was going a little crazy.. and plus I dun watch kids central so I din expect them to be dressed the way they were. Heh.. see photos to know what I mean. Anyway, it was not too bad. The crew was really friendly.

OH!! I almost forgot.. I just passed my buggy driving test on Tuesday morning!! Was supposed to drive this filming crew ard but I really wasn’t too confident. Haha.. and plus my supervisor wasn’t too sure I can drive yet.. so haha.. but anyway, the driving thing really made my day.. :):)

On thurs, the same crew came back to finish their filming.. so it was pretty nice too.. just watching them and laughing along. Haha..

Oh.. and apparently they’re quite a hit with the kids. Like they’ll be kindergarten kids walking pass them and shouting “Yugo or Yuko (name of girl) and Mego (name of guy), Saturday, kids central, 1pm.. No Problem…” haha.. so it was quite nice. Like they’re really famous.. haha..


they were filming and i was keeping myself busy, taking photos of them and the animals. :)


they keep having to stop their filming cuz the kids were shouting and waving at them. haha..

there was this scene with one of our zookeepers. he was so funny! he was telling me that he did national geographic and animal planet before but never kids central. so the producer was asking them to relax and be more animated. it was hilarious. haha.. i took quite a number of videos. but i dun think i'll upload. heee..

here are some picures of some animals that i took.. this is a picture of merkats. there're really quite cute. one of the animals i love.. hee.. they always stand up to keep a lookout for predators and all.. doing sentry duty. :)

common iguana. this was allowed to roam at the fragile forest exhibit. i was pretty close to it.. and it was pretty big..


2-toed sloths enjoying fruits. this was also taken at the fragile forest.

these are like fruit bats. there's a name for them but i cant rem. haha.. they pretty harmless..
smiggle. haha! it's actually a little baboon.. i took so many pictures of this little guy.. he's cute.
banded mongoose. they're quite similar to merkats i think. but these are pretty smelly.. cuz they like to use urine to mark out what's theirs.. and they use it pretty often too..
check this orang utan out.. it was so bored of pple lining up to take pictures with them.. it was just looking at its nails, puffing its cheeks, lying ard.. haha.

ring-tailed lemur.. this animal was jumping all ard.. freaked me out a bit actually but i realise it doesn't really attack unless u provoke it.. which is like most other animals.
rrrraaarrrr... tiger!! heee. nice picture huh!!
it's actually just a paper bag.. can u tell? haha.. there are only white tigers at the singapore zoo.. which are so so so so pretty.. i absolutely love them.. the orange ones are found at the night safari i think.

ok..that's the summary of my week 2 of internship at the zooo zoo zooo.. :) i'm actually blogging in the office because my supervisor is not in today and she din leave work for me.. hmm.. i should msg her later or something. oh well.. btw, can check out the "no problem bureau" show on sat.. think the one on the zoo is airing this coming sat..

No comments: