Saturday, January 28, 2006

the chinese spirit

Went to chinatown on friday. was supposed to go eat at this place (opp. CK departmental store at chinatown) that has nice claypot stuff. usually we'll eat some claypot fish (the highlight of the dish is the fish fats.. heh) and claypot frogs legs and some other stuff.. and chicken wings! but it was closed on friday. argh. so anyway..we went to walk around (we do this every year.. like some family tradition). it's abt the only time u can push and bang into others without feeling bad. that's what everybody does anyway. hee... but it was so crowded!! but still fun!the stick thing that looks like my sister's moustache is actually frozen 7-up! it's cute la. it's stuff pple eatin the past i guess. imagine getting a kick out of this 80 cents stick thing. how lame. haha. but we were in chinatown man.. like lionel says "it's like a whole new country... WOAH". haha. btw, the guy is my lil' bro. not my sister's bf. heh. and the other stupid guy that is behind my sister is not her bf either! it's some extra guy acting cute.

after that, we were walking pass lee chee guan bak gwa store and there was a queue but not ultra long so my dad decided we shld queue and so we did. haha. bought like 4.6kg of pork bak gwa, 1kg of chicken and 0.3kg of bacon strips. bacon strips are damn nice. it's like bak gwa in bacon form. so it's damn fatty.. but oh-so-nice! and oh-so-SINFUL. but who cares. heh. of cuz not all the bak gwa is for us la. haha!
look at the queue behind my sister! it's winding man!
that's me holding on to the bak gwa that we bought after queuing for some time. heee!

my bro's not too happy i wanna take his photo. he's damn uncomfortable with pple loooking at him when he is taking a photo. haha.

ok.. alot of things happened within these 2 days.. that's why i hardly blogged.. and there's some more photos.. so i will quickly and briefly blog them.... (getting lazy)


we were cleaning the oranges and apples and removed the stickers on them and my grandma stuck them to her fingers. hee.me n my bro were in charge of arranging the fruit plate. haha. went to buy salmon so that we will have ULTRA FRESH and YUMMY sashimi for the new year. it's a yearly thing. my dad's friend sells those. i took the pic in a chiller room. the other cold rooms are freaking -35 degrees! pple wear winter clothes to work. been inside one before. my slippers stuck to the floor. haha!

lionel, me n sam (my sister's bf) posing with our sashimi.... yum! meet the wasabi man. hee.

and finally after that, the reunion dinner!
like most chinese families, we had steamboreunion dinner. the cute little thing that looks like a pig is actually a panda. some fishcake thingy. cute huh! this was like my fave. liao besides the abalone soup.. the meatall is especially yummy.

hmm.. tmr is the first day of CNY so it will be a busy day. but it will be fun! cuz i'm giving out hong bao on behalf of my grandma.. haha.. cant wait! weeeee~

for now, check out the don n drew's new year song!
http://www.donanddrew.com/

happy CNY!!!

2 comments:

Gaothebao said...

the sashimi was SOOOOO good...........yummmmmmmmmm...........

Gaothebao said...

the sashimi was SOOOOO good...........yummmmmmmmmm...........