Saturday, February 24, 2007

CNY 2007

The lunar new year has always been one of my favorite festivities. For my family, it is one of the biggest thing we celebrate because we hardly celebrate X'mas.

Usually, for our preparation for CNY, my dad would go places to get all the nicest new year goodies.. and the nicer bak kwa.. after reunion dinner, we would go to the nursery to get flowers for the house and then head to chinatown to squeeze with a million other people just for the fun of it.. and also to get stickers and more decorations..

every year, we would eat sashimi with wine.. (i rem uploading pictures of that last year).. because my dad knows this wholesaler guy.. so he gets it cheap..

this year.. my dad came back from overseas just 2-3 days before CNY.. so everything was rushed.. luckily his friend sent us orange plants and some flowers.. and we had decorative stuff from last year.. otherwise the house will look so sad..

we did not go to the nursery this year.. did not go to chinatown this year.. shopped for groceries the night before reunion dinner.. and we did not have sashimi.. argh.. but fortunately, things did not turn out as bad as it seemed.


thanks to me.. the statue had a very auspicious head band this year. haha..

i am actually very proud of this.. it's supposed to bring wealth or something.. last year my sister was the one hanging it.. this year it's me!! and i think i did a pretty good job.. i cleaned it, wiped it, trimmed the end and tied red ribbon to it.. haha!!
had a chance to open my new deak of cards.. tinkerbell!!! haha.. but cuz on the number side, there were picture of tinkerbell too.. my dad banned me from using it after one round cuz it's hard for my grandma to use.. haha
this evil piggy bank belongs to my sister.. it's where all my money went.. argh! stupid pig..
this light belongs to my home.. hee.. i think it looks pretty..
my dad trying to play nicholas's drums.. haha..
my dad and brother playing puzzle bubble while waiting for people to visit us at home..

i seldom put up pictures of relatives from my mom's side.. so here's a peek.. at first, we were sitting on the floor playing black jack but decided that it was too uncomfortable.. so they carried a table into the room.. but it was too small so my brilliant uncle put a mattress on the table.. and as i was taking the photo, my aunts tot it seemed like the room was like an illegal gambling den, which is why they are covering their faces.. so silly.
me and my sister.. we tried taking photos for ourselves but none came out very nice.. this is one of the better ones. haha..

family photo.. this shall replace last year's..

auntie ros's new place.. the field is huge right?!?!? the photo shows lionel and sam playing texas hodem (dunno how it's spelt).. using pistachio nuts as chips..

that's my brother and little jet.. they look like dr evil and mini me.. haha..


the guys of the family playing some soccer.. i was supposed to play.. but i really cant play soccer.. so i volunteered lionel.. haha.. he's quite good.. just that the rest of the family were much better. haha.

notice what lionel is doing.. haha.. who kicks a soccer ball like that?!?!! ok.. i can predict what lionel is going to say when he sees this.. he will say he's lousy at foot ball but i'm losuy with "hand ball" like i cant catch properly.. but in my defense. it's only cuz we were playing with those oval-shaped football kinda ball..

my dad tore his ligament while playing and is now wearing a leg guard.. it will take 4 weeks to heal.. sigh.. the other guy is my old uncle who tried to fit in with the young too. after 15 mins, both dudes sat out.

oh.. if any of u caught the chinese countdown program, my cousin was on tv!! haha.. he's the one who got married last october.. i din manage to catch it but i heard that they kept showing him cuz he was in the vip seats and cuz he's good looking.. haha.. i dunno how much of that is true. ahah!! oh well..

tmr is my NVM already.. 1380 steps = 86.25 HDB storeys. wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Gaothebao said...

good luck!!!!!!