Sunday, January 21, 2007

my almost perfect sunday.

it has been some time since my family wanted to do some farm visiting.. so today, with auntie cathie as our guide, we went to several farms. and they were all pretty interesting. too bad i din take enough photos..after the first farm we went to, i only had 20 shots left.. and i was thinking all the way that it's so impossible becuz i din really take that much at the first farm.. and then went i finally called home after all the farm visiting, lionel told me it's cuz i set it to 6megapixels. haha. how silly. and what a waste! i keep deleting all my photos to make space for more. argh!! oh well.. i did manage to put up quite a number of photos in this entry so be please patient, it should take some time to load this page. haha.. i'm just quite excited that i got the camera back in working condition. (*gasp* i realize i din blog about my thailand trip!! haha.. i shall do it sooon.)

anyway, so our day started bright and early, woke up at 830.. ate breakfast at home, met auntie cathie and drove down to our first farm.. it almost looked like another country.. not many cars, a nice sunny day, and there were quite a number of cyclists.. i wanna do that some time too! :)



farm number 1: goat farm .
we were there early enough to catch the milking.. very very interesting! haha.. i tot it would be done by hand though.. (btw, the milking is from 9 to 11 daily i think.. for those who wanna go.. ) see basically, they just put the machine thing and it will start squeezing the milk.. and they sell the milk.. although u must be prepared. it has a very unique taste! haha.. and if u absolutely hate goats, then please dun go there! cuz it's all goat's smell. haha..

check out the middle goat! hahahahahaha..

tsk. the guy keep touching the goat's balls. haha. my cousin was saying to his mom.. "mom, if i put that on my thing, i won't get milk, will get urine!"... he's silly.

that's where the milk goes. very obviously. hahah.

after being milked, the goats will return to their cages.. and the next batch will be sent out. hee.


this is where u can feed the goats. they sell alfafa hay which is what little bunnies eat! haha..
they have another sign that says "milking mothers" and as u can guess, it's where they keep the goats that can be milked. think they cant mix it cuz if a bunk and doe meets, then the milk will taste different. haha
feeding.. that's my brother, my dad and my uncle.. see my dad patting the old goat. haha. maybe their age gap is not that huge, the goat seems to like my dad and my dad likewise. haha.
that's me! feeding the young ones.. and my little cousin (jet) looking..
that's jet.. with the curly hair. he's so so so so cute! he was looking at the goats and said to his mom: "ma ma, that goat looks like dad!" and he was pointing to one particular goat. haha..

me again.. i like the blur shots.. oh! i have this photo taken with this goat biting my hair! haha. guess i was too close to it and my hair really looks like hay. damnit i knew it! haaa.
after feeding the goats, unable to pay for the hay that we used to feed the goats, my dad had to help them sell pineapples. sigh. haha.. no la. he was buying but he was so friendly with them that he was behind the counter!! the pineapples are really good.. and not too exensive too.. i think.

farm number 2: dragon fruit farm.
cuz of the heavy rain, there were not many fruits and by the time we got there, they sold all their fruits already. argh. but luckily i had some from there before.. the dragon fruit plants are like cactus.. it's funny.

me and my ultra spastic smile. i dunno what's up with me. haha. guess i was just really excited to see an unripe dragon fruit. haha.
they even have dragon fruit juice. but i din try.. think it would be too processed to be nice.

farm number 3: cow farm.
this farm was not as organized as the first 2.. it was kinda dirty.. the cows looked kinda dirty too.. and the pasturized milk is bleargh!
i think this cow is sick... it cant control its tongue!! it's everywhere! i took a video.. but dunno how to upload. haha!

farm number 4: frog farm.
before u first walk into this farm, u can already hear the frogs.. and they dun smell too good either. haha. but they're funny.

after seeing the live frogs, we bought some home.. haha. the look disgusting huh.. imagine just seeing them with skin a few moments before this.. eeks.
i helped choose frogs for my aunt and for ourselves to buy home!
when leaving, we saw this on the floor.. erm... (it's a frog's feet if u are wondering.. haha)

farm number 5: flowers farm.
had a really good lunch here.. had fish and chips, really yummy chicken wings, and chicken chops with mushroom sauce! it's a nice bistro called petals and leaves.. and there was a nice 9-hole golf thing there.. my cousins and i spent some time there.. and i got sunburnt! haha.. by this time, i hardly had photos cuz i had no memory left.. sigh. here's jet anyway, he's so cute!


after this, we went to a vegetable farm.. but then my camera died on me already.. sigh. so i din get any pictures! i sure hope i'm gonna go there again.. actually i think i will cuz it's just such a nice place.

after all the visiting, we went home, me n my brother went to the gym, showered and headed down to vivo city with my dad n sis. had some german food and beer at this place called brotzeit (?) pretty good food.. the beer is paulaner's.. so it's good. haha. but din get pictures too cuz the camera charger is with lionel and my dad's camera was flat from his trip too.. sigh.

so that's it. my almost perfect sunday.

No comments: